|. "If 95% of people wore masks, WHO estimated that more than fatalities [in Europe] would be avoided by spring." See Click tabs below map. Packed, maskless rallies and marches are Covid super-spreader events. And: And: USA. Republican sheep most likely to die. Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame. "Counties that went heavily for Donald Trump have seen much lower vaccination rates and much higher death rates from COVID ... The vast majority of deaths since May , around 150,000, have occurred among the unvaccinated"..|
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Incarcerated for drug offences
- 4 Marijuana prisoners
- 5 US cannabis arrests by year
- 6 Life for pot
- 7 Site navigation
- 8 Cannabis is safer.
- 9 Nixon's racist drug war
- 10 The forever drug war
- 11 US Republican states
- 12 Today's far-right Republicans
- 13 $70 billion to end pandemic
- 14 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 15 Republican filibuster equals
- 15.1 US voter suppression
- 15.2 High US taxes on poor
- 15.3 And on US middle class
- 15.4 Low US minimum wage
- 15.5 High wealth inequality
- 15.6 High income inequality
- 15.7 Low quality of life
- 15.8 High household debt
- 15.9 High US medical debt
- 15.10 High student loan debt
- 15.11 Punitive bankruptcy law
- 15.12 Stagnant US wages
- 15.13 Racist law enforcement
- 15.14 Poorly rated healthcare
- 15.15 No universal healthcare
- 16 Single payer costs less
- 17 Portugal's drug decrim equals
- 18 50 drug overdose deaths yearly
- 19 Vs 100,000 yearly US deaths
- 20 President Eisenhower. 1953:
- 21 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 22 Equaled prosperity for more.
- 23 Republican President Lincoln
- 24 Created first progressive
- 25 US federal income tax.
- 26 Thomas Paine on the poor
- 27 Overpopulation = Warming
- 28 Categories
Share link: drugPOWs and drugprisoners. This article was written by Timeshifter. See charts. See also: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. And: Cost of drug war. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. It peaked in 2008. Obama's Democrat landslide in 2008 turned the incarceration rate around. But the USA still has the highest incarceration rate of any nation (b c). The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Incarcerated for drug offences
- See also: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
489,000 in 2013 (see chart below). For drug offenses alone.
In 2009 26.4% of those in federal and state prisons, or on probation or parole, were in due to drug offenses. Jail numbers are not included below.
- See main article: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA.
40.000+ in 2011. In state and federal prisons. Jail numbers not included.
- Marijuana | Drug War Facts. Section: "Cannabis and the Criminal Justice System". And subsection: "State and Federal Marijuana Prisoners". It says there were around 44,000 in 2004. This does not include those in jails.
- Life In Prison For Pot And Other Travesties Of Marijuana Prohibition. 4 Sept. 2014. Forbes. From the article there is this 2011 estimate of roughly 40,000 marijuana prisoners (in state and federal prisons, but not in local jails):
In 2004, according to a 2007 report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, marijuana convictions accounted for 12.7 percent of drug offenders in state prisons and 12.4 percent of drug offenders in federal prisons. Applying those percentages to the drug offender numbers for 2011 (225,200 state, 94,600 federal) suggests that roughly 40,000 people are serving time in state and federal prisons for marijuana offenses. That number does not include people serving shorter sentences in local jails, where a total of about 182,000 drug offenders were confined in 2011. Nor does it include the vast majority of the 758,000 people arrested for marijuana offenses that year.
- Nearly One In Eight US Drug Prisoners Are Behind Bars For Pot. 12 October 2006. NORML.
US cannabis arrests by year
Sources for marijuana arrest numbers by year:
- Commons:File:US Cannabis Arrests.svg - see sources and data table below the timeline chart.
- Percent distribution of arrests for drug abuse violations. By type of drug, United States, 1982-2009. Sourcebook of criminal justice statistics Online.
- See also: Wikimedia Commons:Category:Cannabis arrest statistics.
Life for pot
- See main article: USA. Life for pot.
- Life in prison for selling marijuana: Meet the people new pot laws forgot. MSNBC. 8 Sep 2015. . "At least 67 people are in prison right now, sentenced to die there for selling marijuana". And: LifeForPot.com. And: POW420.com also lists some cannabis lifers. Facebook: Life for Pot. And: Life In Prison For Pot And Other Travesties Of Marijuana Prohibition. 4 Sept. 2014. Forbes.
- Jeff Mizanskey, life without parole: Missouri man freed after spending two decades in prison for marijuana charge. 1 Sep 2015. Guardian. . And: Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- . Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . . .
- Life for Pot Prisoner Larry Duke Released! .